• It is essentially based on the use of heavy gauge steel shipping containers which are prefabricated in a factory based on the client’s specifications.

  • The size of each container varies ranging from dry freight containers that have standard heights like 8’6” and high cubes in the size 9’6”. High cube containers are generally preferred in construction.

  • These shipping containers are delivered to the site and stacked on foundations ready to be completed by the local contractor or are fully pre-fitted and almost 90% ready, the rest 10% being completed on-site.

  • Shipping containers used in modular construction are more durable, earthquake and fire resistant and save up to 40% of construction time.

  • The steel shipping containers used in modular construction are insulated,resulting in heat and cold protection and thus more resistant to external weather conditions.

  • The height of modular construction can go up to eight stories high.

  • Modular construction goes best with any façades used in traditional construction including limestone, stucco, shingles, brownstone, brick and aluminum siding. Doors and windows can be regular or customised ones, fitted to meet the customer’s design.

  • By virtue of its recycling properties and new technologies, modular construction has received LEED Certification.